Director: Fabien Constant
Nationality: France (Year : 2013)
Producers : Black Dynamique Films, Tarkovspop
International Sales Agent: Elle Driver
Carine Roitfeld is French, and the most renowned fashion editor on the planet along with her opposite number at American Vogue, Anna Wintour. During her 10 years as editor-in-chief at Vogue Paris she was noted for her successes and scandals (“porno chic” was her creation). Last year, she left Vogue Paris with the greatest challenge to date, to create a new fashion magazine: CR, the ultimate fashion magazine, the most unpredictable, glamorous and innovative. CR will be the anti-Vogue. It will be even more chic, more exclusive, more ambitious. Having been granted unprecedented access, the aim of this documentary is to follow the making of a magazine from the first editorial meeting through to the extravagant launch party in New York. The filmmaker’s take on this subject is not to be too edgy but instead amusing and upbeat. Fashion, drama, power, models, all circle around this most iconic of fashion editors, the most Parisian, the Eiffel Tower in 12 cm heels: the irreverent Mademoiselle C. We, the viewers, are fully immersed in the creative process of producing a new magazine: the “just to see” photo shoots for the pilot issue that get trashed and do not make it into the magazine, the chaos of fashion week, greeting the designers, previewing new collections, press trips, glamorous soirees, choosing photographers, finding new talents, creating surprise, photo shoot disasters, shopping expeditions, award ceremonies, front row, backstage. This is the hectic life of one of the few people in the world who does not make the wheel of fashion turn, but has the wheel of fashion turning around her. But above all else, behind the surface glamour, this film takes the viewer behind the fantasy and tries to understand the way the fashion industry really functions.
On this journey… Karl Lagerfeld, Kanye West, Riccardo Tisci, Albert Elbaz, Jean-Paul Gaultier, Puff Daddy, Alicia Keys, Cassie, Cate Blanchett, Diane Von Furstenberg, Mario Sorrenti, Natalia Vodianova, Proenza Schouler, Alexander Wang, Donatella Versace, Mario Testino, Matthew Avedon, Nick Knight, Tom Ford to name but a few. [ TRAILER ]
MADEMOISELLE C. : A MULTI-TERRITORY AND MULTI-PLATFORM RELEASE
- 2 day-and-date releases and 1 direct-to-VOD release
- Theaters: 15 May in Italy and 16 May 2014 in Spain
- VOD: 15 May in Italy and 16 May 2014 in Spain and in Germany
- 3 territories: Germany, Italy and Spain.
- 3 languages: German, Italian and Spanish.
- 19 VOD platforms
- Multiterritorial: iTunes (3 stores); Google Play (3 stores)
- Italy: Anicaodemand, Chili, Timvision, Infinity, Mymovies, Premium Play.
- Germany: Maxdome
- Spain: Yomvi(Canal+), Wuaki, Filmin, Ono, Nuveox
- 8 cinemas
- Common release date: choice of a common release date taking into account regulations applicable in France, the respective line-ups and markets of each distributor and following one rule: release the film In all territories and ON all medias concerned within the shortest possible time-frame.