© 2014 June Project, LLC. Tous droits réservés – Photo Nicole Rivelli
Director: Abel Ferrara
Producer: Adam Folk
International Sales Agent: Wild Bunch
Mr. Devereaux is a powerful man. A man who handles billions of dollarsevery day. A man who controls the economic fate of nations. A man driven by a frenzied and unbridled sexual hunger. A man who dreamed of saving the world and who cannot save himself. A terrified man. A lost man. This is not a film about what happened but what will happen. A film set in a world of the rich and the mighty, the haves, the have-nots and the have-even-lesses, the powerful and the disempowered. Of beggars and kings, whores, johns and lovers. The judged and the judges. Mr. Deveraux is standing at the top of the world. Watch him fall. [ TRAILER ]
WELCOME TO NEW YORK: A MULTY-TERRITORY AND AN E-DISTRIBUTION RELEASE
- 1 event-driven theatrical premier and 4 e-distribution release
- Theater: world premiere on Saturday May 17th, 9pm at Cannes. Simultaneous screenings at the Nikki Beach and Star Cinéma (4 screens).
- e-distribution: VOD release on Saturday May 17th simultaneously to the world premiere from 9pm or midnight on several VOD platforms in France, Spain, Germany and Switzerland. VOD release on the italian VOD platforms on Thursday May 22nd.
- 4 languages: French, German, Italian and Spanish.
- 31 VOD platforms
- Multiterritorial: iTunes (5 local stores) and Google Play (4 local stores)
- France: Orange, SFR, MyTF1VOD, CanalPlay, FilmoTV, VirginMega, VideoFutur
- Italy: MyMovies, Infinity, PremiumPlay, Chili, Cubovision, Anicaodemand
- Spain: Yomvi(Canal+), Movistar, WuakiTV, Filmin, Ono, Nubeox
- Germany: Sky, Maxdome
- Switzerland: Teleclub
- No theatres but hundred of thousand of screens (TV, computers, tablets, smartphones…)
Launch of a new strategy called « e-distribution », direct alternative to the theatrical release.
Here are the 5 criteria to qualify a “e-distribution” release:
- A release exclusively on VOD services
- A limited availability on the VOD services: 6 weeks only, ie. the average availability of theatrical exploitation
- A special pricing between 3.99€ and 7€ : to be as closed as possible to the average ticket on theatres
- A promotion campaign as wide as one for a theatrical release: online campaign, trailer campaign on theatres, TV and radio spots, ads on papers, poster campaign…
- After 6 weeks of exclusive exploitation on VOD, respect of the traditional media chronology (ie. in France, video and VOD/EST release 4 weeks after the e-distribution release…)